Top 5 Updates On Home Pregnancy
- Alcohol and pregnancy don’t go hand in hand. No one knows exactly how harmful even the slightest alcohol can be for a developing fetus.
2. Public health officials recommend that pregnant women, as well as women trying to conceive, abstain from alcohol altogether.
3. When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, the alcohol circulates rapidly through her bloodstream and reaches the baby. Babies break down alcohol more slowly, so they may have higher blood alcohol levels than pregnant women themselves.
4. Scientific studies have shown that alcohol increases the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth.
It can also lead to low birth weight and cognitive problems in children, like slow learning, problems with speech, attention span, language, and more.
5. Problems associated with prenatal alcohol exposure. . This can lead to permanent disease, characterized by poor growth (in the womb, after birth, or both), abnormal facial features, and central nervous system damage.
Therefore, pregnant women are advised to abstain completely from alcohol.
What’s your alcohol experience in pregnancy?wauguzikenya